Plans to study in the World’s happiest country with/without IELTS?

Finland is said to be the happiest country in the world. A certified educational accomplishment from Finland would be a huge game-changer for academic candidates. The best overseas education consultant in Kerala can help you find information about the various options available to immigrants for education in Finland. You can get more information on all programs taught in English from the eminent counsellors at Medcity Study Abroad.

Why Finland?

·        Provides world-leading higher education system with high-level infrastructure and technology
- Range from short courses as a part of exchange programs or full degrees

- Quality in research and education
- Free access to well-equipped libraries offers productive study hours

·        More than 500 English-taught Bachelor’s and Master’s degree programs

·        Offered in 13 universities and 22 Universities of Applied Sciences(UAS)
-universities offer academic degrees at Bachelor’s, Master’s, and Doctoral level

-UAS’s offers more practically oriented Bachelor’s and Master’s degrees

·        Offers English-taught doctoral degree options

·        More than 20,000 international students are studying

·        Scholarship opportunities for international students

·        Offers a great social setting to foster your learning and personal growth

·        Security of living

·        Strictly follow concepts of trust and openness

·        Well organized country with solid infrastructure

As an immigrant, you can participate in

·        basic education

·        post-basic education preparatory training

·        general upper secondary education

·        vocational education and training

·        higher education,

·        Various language course 

How to apply for a Bachelor or Master in Finland

·        Decide the program

·        Finalize the university

·        Check the eligibility and entry criteria

·        Do not miss the exact application period

Tuition fees and scholarships

The application for a scholarship from the Finnish university is done along with the admission application to your chosen program. Once your admission is approved, you are automatically qualified for the scholarship. There is a wide range of scholarships provided by Finnish Universities, open in December and ending in January.

·        Both domestic and international students in Finland are subject to tuition fees for any chosen programs

·        Annual fees vary between 5000€ and 18000€

·        If applying for Master's Programmes in Finland you need to also check out the Finland Scholarships! - It gives a 2000€ grant to help settle in during your first year. The scholarship covers a first-year tuition fee and a relocation grant of 5000€ as a minimum. Many universities offer further scholarship options for the second year of Master’s studies.

·        If you are liable for tuition fees but applying for a UAS program, either your student status must be regulated by Finland or your country must be covered on the EU/EEA list.

·        If applying for your Ph.D., there are a number of funding schemes available and there are no tuition fees at the Ph.D. level. The Finland Fellowship contributes to the salary paid by your Finnish university and also includes a 2000€ arrival grant.

o   Finnish Government Scholarship Pool (only for doctoral studies) – can apply for the grant anytime throughout the year

o   Erasmus Mundus Scholarship Program - guarantee full scholarships for the duration of their studies

o   The University of Helsinki Scholarship (at Helsinki University)- an eligible student will not have tuition fees to pay and can study here for two years

English Language Proficiency

In Finland, proof of English proficiency is required for admission to various courses and programs at universities and other higher education institutions.

·        Overall score 6.5, with a minimum score of 6.0 in the writing section
A valid TOEFL or IELTS (Academic) test score is required for admission.
TOEFL paper-based test score:  550 and TOEFL Internet-based test: 79–80

·        Some other official tests are also accepted, such as the PTE-Pearson Test of English or Cambridge ESOL CPE/CAE. (To know more about this, contact Medcity Study Abroad).
- PTE-Academic: A score of 51 is acceptable

·        The minimum required test result varies depending on the study program and is determined by the Finnish higher education institutions themselves.

·        Finland also accepts the National Certificate of Language Proficiency in Finnish, English or Swedish. 

Exemption from language tests

Only if you have completed your previous education/qualification in English, then depending on your nationality or the country of your previous education, you may be exempt from the language test requirement. For Bachelor degrees, IELTS may not be mandatory. 

Residence Permit issuing conditions:

Anyone from outside the EU/EEA usually needs a student residence permit to go and study in Finland which will be granted for the entire duration of your studies.

 Before you begin applying, check that you have all the attachments and information you need:

·        A valid passport that covers the entire course duration

·        Confirmation of acceptance from a Finnish educational institution

·        Your studies in Finland must lead to a vocational qualification or a degree

·        Details regarding income to meet the expenses for the entire period of your studies

o   The minimum amount you need to have at your disposal is 560 EUR/month (6,720 EUR/year)

·        An explanation of tuition fees or scholarships, if applicable

·        Proof of health insurance to cover your medical and drug expenses

·        If the attached documents are not in English, Finnish, or Swedish, you will also need official translations

·        Proof that you paid the processing fee of 450 EUR (paper application)/350 EUR (electronic application)

If additional attachments are required, this will be indicated in the application letter from the university. If your studies are fee-paying but you have not yet paid your tuition fees, you must demonstrate sufficient funds to pay your tuition fees and support yourself.

You can apply for a Finnish residence permit either online or on paper

·        Processing for the electronic application takes 2-3 months

·        Processing for the paper application takes around 3 months

·        The electronic application fee is 350 EUR

·        The paper application fee is 450 EUR

NB: The permit allows you to work for a maximum of 30 hours per week without restrictions. If your work is related to your chosen degree subject (for example, practical training or thesis work) then this 30-hour restriction does not apply.

If your studies last longer, you must apply for an extended residence permit before the first permit expires. An extended residence permit is also granted for 1-2 years - however, it can be granted for a shorter period if the studies end in less than a year. The estimated processing time for an extended residence permit is 1-2 months, so it is important to apply well in advance before the first permit expires.

The best overseas studies consultants in Kannur, Medcity International Overseas Consultancy is the perfect guide to your queries.

Residence permits for families of students

·        With a valid student residence permit granted, you can also bring your family members to Finland, as long as you or your family member have sufficient means to obtain a residence permit.

·        Family members of students can apply for a residence permit based on family ties.

·        If you are studying at a university, your family members can also obtain a permanent residence permit.

Visas for spouses and children

·        If your husband applies for a residence permit based on family reunification, he must prove financial resources of EUR 700 per month, i.e. EUR 8,400 per year.

·        If you are applying for a residence permit for a child (under 18), you must prove additional funding of €500 per month, i.e. €6,000 per year.

·        In the case of family members, the origin of the funds must be proven, just like when applying for a student residence permit. This means that the family member needs to have means of support (employment, business, savings, etc.) throughout their stay in Finland.

Short Term Visa

·        Stay in Finland for less than 90 days (for example, if your parents visit you in Finland or if you participate in a summer school or camp in Finland), you will need a short-term Schengen visa to Finland.

·        If you do not need a visa to visit Finland, you need a valid passport or other travel document accepted by Finland. It must be valid for at least 90 days after the end of your trip.

If you do not need a visa to Finland, you can stay in Finland or in the territory of another Schengen country for 90 days within a 180-day period.

Two-year post-study residence permit

In order to find a job or start a business after graduation, you can apply for a residence permit. You will be able to take this two-year post-study permit for five years after graduation, and if you wish you can also take the permit in parts. Similar two-year permit options are also available if you have conducted research or completed a doctoral degree in Finland.

Permanent residence in Finland

Permanent residence is also possible after you have lived in Finland on a continuous residence permit for four years and have, for example, found a job after completing your studies. Of course, your study time in Finland also counts towards this time.

Pathway programs

Few of the selected Universities of applied sciences (UAS) and universities offer further study options for their bachelor's degree programs. This means that you will start your studies at home and after the first year you will have the chance to finish your studies in Finland. Pathway studies are fully accredited as part of your degree and each university has set aside a number of study places that are exclusively available to successful graduates of the UAS Pathway Studies to Finland program. By successfully completing the program, students get the chance to study at one of the selected study programs at Finnish universities.

Most popular Universities in Finland

·        University of Helsinki

·        Aalto University

·        Lappeenranta University of Technology

·        Tampere University

·        University of Eastern Finland

·        University of Jyvaskyla

·        University of Oulu

·        University of Turku

·        Abo Akademi University

·        Hanken School of Economics

Finland is a perfect combination for international students as it provides students with the best education and affordability. Students have the advantage of student discounts available across the country on food and transport. For help to get quick access to the right information about courses, fees, duration, accommodation, and visa requirements etc, contact the best study abroad consultant in Kerala. Medcity Study Abroad advisors are trained in the art of presenting accurate information and expertise to provide students with appropriate information about studying in Finland. So if you're interested in being a candidate, get in touch and get started with your applications!

Get your assessment done now: +91 8943280333, +91 9645020503